This program is ideal for people who have already started studying or doing Permaculture, whether formally or informally, and want to move & improve their practical projects with good design support, and keep learning with practice.
It is ideal if you have taken a regular PDC & want to deepen your understanding & practice of this important design science.
It is the minimum level of support we advise for anyone participating in a Transition Initiative or other important sustainability project.
& also try & see if this type of action-learning works well for them.
The Advanced Permaculture Design Certificate includes more support & direction to help you focus on the application of the principles to your life & projects.
This is a more advanced than PDC, not only because in terms of content,
as it includes 30 more classes where we go into a lot more depth in the modules that usually are left aside (People Care, Economy, Technology)
Here, you will dive deeply into all aspects of Integral Permaculture Design: People Care, Design Techniques, Earth Care, EcoTechnology and EcoEconomy. This course provides a strong foundation for success with real-life projects, whether it is designing a farm, setting up an eco-business, or simply living a fulfilling life. An advanced program in terms of scope and content, this learning covers the essential theory base for the diploma.
We also provide more opportunities to deepen understanding & to integrate the subjects of each class,
in order to take full advantage of the rich contents of this course, which are assimilated much better the more we relate to them, through dialogue & in relationship with your experience & that of others.
The dialogues are important in that we can catch whether you’ve really understood a new model given in the classes, or whether it has just fitted into the old ways of thinking (more common than we like to realize) … but of course this depends on how much you decide to share about your understanding!
(sooner or later these – common – mis-understandings become clear in our designs, but it’s a lot more effective to understand them well before we get that far..)
As with the PDC, you get:
- Personal design portfolio template and support with your design projects
- Advanced PDC certificate (on completion of all requirements)
- Self-organized online meetings & study groups with other students you wish to organize or participate in
Added to that, you also get:
- Access to our virtual classrooms with 40 audiovisual classes forever (20 new classes on top of the PDC content)
- Regular online calls with our network of practitioners and students (Vision Support Groups, Study Circles, Diploma Pathway Support, etc.)
- Support and materials to start a Study Group in your area
- 8 personal mentoring sessions (Skype or Google Hangout) with our tutors (approximately 1 hour per session) available for 2 years from the purchase date
You can see the content of each class in detail in our Manual, PermaCultureScience.org
Also see “Modules included” above for full curriculum
Estimated duration: 12 months or more